PhD Student - Laboratory of Molecular Pathogenetics
The Laboratory of Molecular Pathogenetics at Institute of Biotechnology Czech Academy of Sciences is seeking a highly motivated PhD student for one of these projects:
Transcription regulatory networks in neurosensory development
Our goal is to understand the molecular interactions necessary for the early neurosensory development of the inner ear to use this knowledge as a basis for new therapeutic strategies.
The methods used will include knockouts using Cre/loxP and Crispr/Cas9 technologies, global gene expression analyses (RNAseq), immunohistochemistry, and confocal microscopy.
This project will contribute to the molecular analyses of the requirements for transcription factors regulating morphogenesis and cell specification during embryonic development and their requirements for the function and regeneration of neurons and sensory cells.
Transcription regulation in the development and function of pancreatic endocrine cells
Pancreatic Beta-cell failure represent the core pathophysiological defects in diabetes mellitus. This project will focus on molecular mechanisms underlying development, maturation and function of endocrine cells in the pancreas. This project will aim at identifying biomarkers associated with glycemic deterioration in pre-diabetes to diabetes, and diabetes progression via Beta cell dysfunction.
The methods used will include knockouts using Cre/loxP and Crispr/Cas9 technologies, global gene expression analyses (RNAseq), immunohistochemistry, and single cell analysis (Beta-cells) of selected targets.
There is thus a major medical need to improve the understanding of pathophysiology of diabetes, in order to allow new targets identification and development of improved treatments.
More info about our lab is HERE
- MSc, MRes, Diploma or an equivalent degree in Biology, Biomedicine, Chemistry or related sciences, to be obtained latest by the start of the fall term in September 2019
- Ability to co-operate with other team members
- High motivation and determinatio
- Work in a modern equipped laboratory within the newly built BIOCEV Resarch Centre
- The position will include 0.5-0.8 FTE as Research Assistant position as another benefit to full scholarship
- Involvement in research on transgenic mouse models
- Young and friendly international team