The Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry of the Academy of Sciences (IMC) searches for a highly motivated young researcher for a full time research postdoctoral position in the area of biomaterials and tissue engineering.
The position is generated for the project BIOCEV (Biotechnology and Biomedicine Center of the Academy of Sciences and Charles University in Vestec), research program VP4 „Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering“.
- Open position: Junior Researcher /Postdoctoral fellow
- Topic: Development of polyelectrolyte multilayer coatings for delivery of biologically active substances in biomedicinal applications
Job description: The group on Polymeric Biomaterials for Regenerative Medicine at BIOCEV, Vestec, Czech Republic searches for a researcher in the field of polymer coatings for improvement of implant integration with a host body. The research activity will by focused on preparation of layer-by-layer (LbL) polyelectrolyte coatings, characterization of their physical properties, structure, morphology and stability, introduction of biologically active substances into LbL systems and in vitro evaluation of released biologically active substances. The interdisciplinary research is performed in collaboration with teams of biologists.
- PhD degree in polymer chemistry, physical chemistry, biomaterials, biomedicinal engineering or related areas, biochemistry or in biological sciences with orientation to interactions between biomaterials and biological systems.
- Research experiences in polymer or physical chemistry laboratory, surface analysis techniques (SEM, CLSM, AFM), biochemical techniques or cell culturing are welcome
- English, written and spoken, advanced level
- Ability of an independent scientific work, flexibility and willingness to learn new subjects , organization skills
Contract type: Full time job, 1 year contract, expected extension to 3-year contract
Starting date: position is open from December 2017,
Place of work: Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry AS CR, Dept. of Bioactive Polymers (BIOCEV group), BIOCEV, Vestec, Prague,
Application should contain:
- A cover letter summarizing the applicants’ career, past research accomplishments, statement of motivation, and research interests (1-2 pages),
- Curriculum vitae with a list of publications, patents, scientific awards etc.; with impact factors if available, together with WOS citation index without autocitation, cumulative IF and H-index
- Recommendations of the previous supervisor or head of department / R & D team and another respected person in the field
The entire application should be sent as one single PDF via e-mail to email@example.com
Close date: November 17, 2017;
Contacts: For detail information about the topic contact Mgr. Dana Kubies, CSc. (firstname.lastname@example.org)