Our newly established laboratory focuses on basic tumor biology of lymphomas (malignant tumors derived in majority from B-lymphocytes) with close relation to the basic biology of B-cells. Our laboratory has expertise in general molecular biology and cell culture techniques as well as genomic applications, flow cytometry or advanced methods like super-resolution microscopy, targeted genomic modifications, or Förster resonance energy transfer based biosensors.
Project: Molecular Aspects of B-cell Receptor Signal Initiation and Transmission as Targets for Specific Therapy of non-Hodgkin Lymphoma.
New and more specific therapies for non-Hodgkin lymphomas (NHL) are greatly needed since standard treatment is based on a non-specific and highly toxic chemotherapy combination over 40 years old. The B cell receptor (BCR) inhibition is such emerging therapy applicable to various B-cell derived NHL, however, more details about its signaling are needed to provide better therapeutic targets.
Specific aims are:
- Identify crucial kinases and motives necessary for BCR signaling initiation in various subtypes of lymphoma
- describe characteristics of BCR signal initiation and transmission specific to different lymphoma and BCR signaling types
- identify other B-cell specific mechanisms of oncogenic AKT activation in lymphoma cells
- test the therapeutic potential of upstream BCR signaling disruption in vivo
- Identify biomarkers for BCR inhibition.
We are looking for enthusiastic candidates who are interested in high quality basic and translational tumor biology research and are willing to learn a wide spectrum of advanced research methods.
We offer position in a young and dynamic research group with established international collaborations working within the BIOCEV institute with its exceptional core resources and equipment.
Position is available immediately (February/March 2018) with salary based on performance and two-year extendable contract.
Applicants are encouraged to provide short CV and motivation letter in English (with list of professional goals) no more than one page long each to email@example.com